The biggest news this week: we launched Poppy Barley's first line of custom Men's shoes to the public
. Now you can shop anytime, no Access Link necessary. We'll be rolling out profiles on our five men's style over the coming weeks - and, of course, we're throwing a party to celebrate. Stay tuned for details (and save the date for Robbie Burns Night!).
What else is new:
Poppy Barley in the media:
- Our first shipment of Men's shoes is on its way to you! (Daelan is excited to finally be converting almost all the shoes in his closet to Poppy Barleys, like the rest of us.)
- We added a new boot style to our Classics Collection - La Hacienda Boot - which is a redesign of our Savannah Hill Boot, complete with a higher top line, new side seaming, and sleeker ankles.
- Throwback Month is happening right NOW. That means we've brought back your favourite styles from 2014 for the month of January only. We've sold out of our Robin Egg and Metallic Gold Modern Mary-Jane, but there's three boot styles and Black Python flats with unique hardware options still available. See the full line-up here.
- Justine, our co-founder, flew down to León, Mexico, on Monday to spend a week with Laura, Lupita, and our artisans at the factory. She's been sending us some crazy-exciting photos of the upcoming leathers and styles for spring and summer. Follow Justine on Instagram and you might see some too!
- Every time Justine goes to the factory, Manuel, one of our artisans, makes her miniature replicas of Poppy Barley shoes. Pictured below, these little boots are the best yet, complete with hardware, Poppy Barley stamps, and our goat leather lining. Traditionally, (and thanks to @brookss6 for sharing this!), skilled shoe cobblers would make tiny versions of shoes to show off their level of the craft. Cool, right?!
Other happenings at Poppy Barley:
- You know how we feel about Press Day - it's the BEST DAY! We were featured in Alberta Venture, WHERE Calgary's 2015 issue of The Essential, and on the legs of Ms. Lori Andrews on a piece in FASHION Magazine (pictured above).
- Also pictured above - Janel from The Heather Co. receives her Cognac Chelsea Boots and Marion rallies for small feet everywhere when she received her Black Python Classic Points in size 5.
- Pictured below, a photo that made our entire week. Shot by @kikimowmow at a wedding last summer, this lovely flower girl, Avery, holds out her auntie Sarah's Midnight Confetti flats on the big day (34 left).
Until Monday - have a wonderful weekend!
- Book your appointment to get measured in Toronto, or in Edmonton (but keep in mind that we are gearing up to move into our very own office come February, so our Edmonton address will be changing!).
- We're getting ready to launch leather care at PoppyBarley.com! In the meantime, here's a quick guide to caring for leather footwear.
- A Poppy Barley customer, we spent five minutes with Adina Porter, one of the stars of True Blood, The 100 and The Newsroom. Read more here.