With Christmas less than two weeks away, everyone is working up a frenzy to get everything done. My first couple weeks with Poppy Barley have been a whirlwind of learning, travelling and measuring! Last weekend I was in Calgary with Kendall and Gillian at The Heather Co
and Vine Styles
measuring customers. It was quite the amazing experience, thank you to everyone who came out! Working as concierge puts me in touch with all our customers every day, which is great, but working at pop-up events is always more exciting because I actually meet the customers; We rant and rave about Poppy Barley shoes and bond over our collective excitement of anything shoes.
Yesterday was Poppy Barley’s Christmas Party and we were treated to a fantastic five-course dinner hosted by our friend Warren from Start-Up Edmonton
and his friend Elizabeth who bartends at North 53
(go see her!). I learned a lot about food and cocktail making. Not a bad start to the holidays!
What else is happening…
Around the office...
- We are still talking non-stop about Serial. I was intrigued and started my first episode and it’s super intense!
Homeland is still a favourite around the office. But Erika and I are more partial to Suits.
- We had an amazing review from lifestyle blogger C'est Christine this week—"Poppy Barley: the best boots I've ever owned." We are so happy to hear when ladies across the country are experiencing the comfort of their custom boots for the first time!
- We were featured in the Edmonton Journal today—twice! Take a read: here and here. We were also featured in the National Post, earlier this week.
- Testing and trying different leather care products can be quite the process. Stay tuned for a variety of products to keep your Poppy Barleys conditioned, protected and cared for. While you patiently wait, read our How-To Guide on caring for your boots.
- We are launching new products all the time. Make sure you are signed up to our newsletter to keep up-to-date with everything Poppy Barley.
Enjoy the lovely warm weekend!