Next week, I’m pulling a “Daelan
” (translation: you disappear into the woods where no one can reach you. Ideally you time your departure with something big - like the release of our Fall collections on Monday). I’m headed to the lake for a few days and onwards to Kelowna. I’m skipping through Friday in anticipation of my vacation. The rest of our team is headed to Folk Fest
(they can't wait for Dan Mangan, James Vincent McMorrow, Basia Bulat).
Before I leave for nowhere land, here’s a roundup of our week:
Here's what happened:
Here's where we're going (you should come!):
- BIG news. We're featured in Canada's FLARE September issue! The mag hits news stands across the nation on Monday!
- We’re saying goodbye to the Classic Riding Boot and the Downtown Boot. Both are $50 off as a final farewell. (Side note: my husband sent me an email saying he was sad to see the Classic Riding Boot go as that's the style started it all. It’s hard to believe it was 2 years ago that Justine and I first designed the style!)
- On Monday, our Fall Collection launches, including new styles and leather colours. (Eep!! … so many months in the works!).
- You’ve been asking for more opportunities to shop in-person, so we’ve added additional measuring appointments in Edmonton for the rest of August. Make an appointment every Monday (1-6pm) & Thursday (5-8pm).
- Have you met Lauren? She's our newest team member and your new best friend. She loves YouTube, grilled cheeses and reality TV.
- We wrapped up our ATB Stampede-inspired Pinterest contest with Prosecco and gifted Erin her $500 Pinterest prize. I love meeting our customers; they’re so creative, lovely and smart – just like Erin. She’s a strategic planner, photographer, mom of two and super stylish.
Here's what we're reading:
- On Monday, August 11, we're talking "Fashioning the Future" with our friends at Make Something Edmonton. Over the past few years, Edmonton has transformed into a place to start a fashion business. Our Community Manager, Caroline will be on the panel talking about Poppy Barley and being the Alberta Editor for Fashion Magazine. To get you prepped, read this blog post where I talk about why we're building Poppy Barley in Edmonton. It's free to attend, so register for a spot.
- Tickets are still available for the PARK Edmonton Artist + Designer Forum, where we’re serving breakfast, opening up our offices and you’ll hear from our co-founder, Justine about building a fashion company, and Caroline on pitching your brand to media. Register here.
- We’re really excited for Bloom, a festival dedicated to yoga, possibility and music. Tickets go on sale soon!
- Fashion Retail: How beacon technology can serve to create a brick-and-mortar shopping experience optimised for today’s omnichannel consumers.
- Calling all social media junkies! Here's a look at 10 up-and-coming social networks you should know.
- Yes, it's August and hot outside, but it's never too early to start thinking about your fall wardrobe (including boots!). Here's a guide to fall's key trends.