(Wonder where all these pretty Poppy Barley customer photos come from? Search #PoppyBarley and tag us @PoppyBarley on Instagram. Thanks to Jade, Chrissy and Sarah.)
Here's what happened this week:
- We launched The Chelsea Boot! This is a big deal! So much excitement around this classic, comfortable + cool style ('60s fashion was a huge trend on the Fall 2014 runways). You can get it in Black, Kaki and Ruby Red.
- We're a fashion finalist in Western Living's 2014 Designers of the Year Awards! This means parties in Calgary and Vancouver this fall. Fingers crossed for us!
- In the last week, 3/6 of our team members spent time in hidden corners of Alberta where cell phones don't work. Here are three reasons to take a digital detox of your own.
- We're learning about the divisive impact of "the bow". We polled you on the next round of design choices for our Contemporary Ballet Flat: do you prefer your rounded-toe flats with or without a cap-toe? What do you think of that bow? It's pretty divided! Let us know what you think here.
- We all know that weekends are for pinning! This is your final weekend to put together your Stampede-inspired fashion board on Pinterest before we select the winner. We'll be giving someone $500 in custom shoes next week (details here). Here are a few of our favourite boards so far. Contest closes Tuesday, July 15th.
- Reminder: you can still book an appointment with us to get measured this Monday. See you there.
- It's confirmed! With the addition of a new team member, we're moving the PB Headquarters to a new office space in September, which means we're avidly reading stuff like this.
- Drawing comparisons between mowing grass, destroying garbage cans, bosses who scream obscenities, and design as a business
- How the internet is democratizing luxury
- How Canada turned itself into a tennis contender
- The pipeline problem - where do women go?
- The value of luxury brand poseurs
- 8 Reasons Children of the 1970s should all be dead
- Not a reader?