Happy long weekend!
Long weekends deserve jazz hands! Award ceremonies deserve jazz hands, too, as pictured above at the #YEGGIES 2015, Edmonton's social media awards. On Saturday night, we pulled a Leo
and didn't win, but we did
have a great night out (have you been to Duggan's Boundary? If you're into dusty, old Irish pubs with live music, this is your place!) and were honoured to be nominated in the "Best in Business" category.
Here's everything else that's happening:
- Summer can (and should) be impulsive, so we've brought the most popular styles and sizes (6.5 to 9.5 standard) from our new Summer Collection into stock and they'll be on your feet in ONE week - just in time for that last-minute road trip!
- Speaking of summer and road trips - have you entered our Instagram contest with Uppercase Press?
- Our co-founders, Kendall and Justine, are on a press trip to NYC next week! Stay tuned to their Instagram feeds (@KendallJBarber and @JustBarber) to follow along.
- Kendall and Justine will also be hosting two Poppy Barley popup shops in Oakville (May 21) and Toronto (May 22-23). This is your first chance to shop our full Summer Collection and Men's Collection in person. Secure your spot to get measured here.
James Neufeld, CEO of SAM, took over our @PoppyBarleyMen's account this week and has been sharing some amazing photos of Singapore and Hong Kong (pictured above, his Calgary Wingtips in Grey).
- In the latest post from our Shoeology series, learn about the long (and soggy) history of broguing.
- Edmonton Tourism has named Poppy Barley one of Edmonton's "Original Experiences"! Check out this awesome company tour they put together.
FALL SAMPLES HAVE ARRIVED! That's all we can say at this time.
- Have an amazing May long weekend!