It's been a busy week and to be totally honest, half of us are struggling with coughs/colds/headaches. But there are so many exciting things on the horizon that we just can't complain.
Here's what happened/what's happening:
- The BIGGEST news of the week is most definitely our BIGGEST partnership ever: Simons, the iconic Quebec retailer, is hosting a Poppy Barley popup series at their Edmonton location (the first in their nation-wide expansion). We'll be in Simons' CONTEMPORAINE department at West Edmonton Mall every Saturday in April. Book your appointment, shop our newest Spring/Summer collections and sign up for a personal styling session with Simons Fashion Ambassador Janis Galloway here.
- Canada.com wrote about our #SIMONSxPOPPYBARLEY partnership and shared this Q&A with our founders, Kendall and Justine. (Did you know that neither had any background in shoe design before they launched the company?)
- Speaking of that horizon, we've got a ton happening over the next six weeks, from our Vine Styles popup in Calgary this weekend, to a bluboho popup at our showroom and a Saturday with brand. Check it out.
- Have you met our Toronto retailer, Brodawka & Friends? We got up-close and personal with Jeff so that you'll know exactly what kind of awesomeness you're getting into when you stop by his shop on 1114 Queen Street West to get measured. He has samples of both our men's line and women's line, and is our FIRST official retailer.
- In this article about Little Brick restoring a hundred-year old house and turning it to a cafe, Oilers Nation made a reference to Poppy Barley and the movement of creative entrepreneurs in Edmonton that made us feel pretty good.
Thanks to the following PB customers for their awesome photos this week:
- Ryan Jespersen, host of the Ryan Jespersen Show on 630CHED and the in-game host for the Edmonton Oilers, received his Jasper Derby's last week and has worn them to two WINNING Oilers games. Could it be, could it be the lucky charm?
- Ania B. and her business partner and husband, Tyler Stalman, have been in L.A. shooting our next Limited Edition Collection. Visit Ania's Instagram to get a beautiful look yourself!
- Anna from In Honour of Design, at 21 weeks pregnant, shared her #BumpStyle and our "cushion"-like ankle booties on her blog.
- More thanks to @tovogueorbust, @204Park, @justineau, @imalyssalau, @donaloberine for your fantastic photos this week!