- We launched Limited Edition Collection 06 - six new shoes in Snakeskin and Black leather. This collection is bold and confident, and inspired by powerhouse women working in the business of fashion and design. We enlisted the creative talents of one such woman, Alyssa Lau, to shoot the collection for us. Find out more about her here.
- VanMag featured the new collection in their Shopgirl column.
- We had a super-successful Open House on Saturday and sold out of Midnight Confetti leather! Stay tuned to our Events page to find out when the next event is (we've got some great ones in the works!) or, book an appointment for a Tuesday or Thursday in Edmonton, or Wednesday thru Saturday in Toronto.
- We've been nominated for a YEGGIE in the Business category! The YEGGIE's are social media awards for Edmonton-based individuals, organizations and businesses. Tickets for the awards night go on sale at the end of March!
- Did you know that our Jasper Derbys are half calf leather, half deer leather? Deer leather is often used to make slippers. Maybe Hef is onto something.
- I'm presenting on Building a Social Brand at the iMedia conference in one week's time, Saturday, March 14th. Get your tickets here.
- St. Patrick's Day. Monica and I (we're sisters, for those who didn't know!) come from a very Irish family and always celebrate. We'll be making a day of it with Team PB, because there's sure to be an Irish pub in our new neighbourhood somewhere!
- The Poppy Barley team will also be working out all day at Bust a Move Edmonton on March 21st to raise money for breast cancer research at the Cross Cancer Institute! Kendall and Justine filmed a segment with BaM this morning (see below!). You can support us, meet MammoGran + donate here.
- If you’re the founder of an Alberta-based startup company, apply to participate at the Roundtable Sessions on April 28th. Poppy Barley is a proud partner of AccelerateAB – having attended, pitched and participated in the roundtables in previous years.
- As we're setting up our new showroom, this article on Anthropologie's Intoxicating In-Store Experience provides some food for thought.
The time has come for more innovation in the retail sector, here's a good read about how the Minkoff siblings are shaking up retail.
Print is not dead. Here are some cool magazine startups.