This PB Weekly is being written 10,000 feet in the sky onboard a flight to Phoenix (isn’t wifi on flights incredible!). I’m escaping for a 4-day weekend getaway to run a half-marathon, hike, eat and enjoy some Arizona sunshine (and rain!). February had lots of long days and late nights, so my brain is craving a break.
Last weekend, Justine and I headed to the countryside for a stay at The Crossing at Ghost River. The retreat was the kickoff to Alberta Women Entrepreneurs Excelerator program. Surrounded by trailblazing women, we focused on personal leadership and vision/goals for our companies. In a room full of women, our conversations combined heart, brains, honesty and boldness. Justine and I are doing lots of big thinking; some exciting changes are coming to Poppy Barley. As always – thank you for being part of the journey – we can’t wait to share!
What's Happening this Week
A Look into the Future
- In Edmonton this weekend? We’re hosting an Open House tomorrow Saturday, February 28th, from 10am to 4pm. It’s the LAST day you can get in on our Winter Sale. Book an appointment or just show up!
- The Winter Sale means $50 off all boots! The Winter Sale also gives you $25 off Midnight Confetti and Park Avenue Purple flats – only available in limited quantities and selling fast! Last day to shop the sale is Saturday, February 28. Because the Canadian dollar is... well... bad, we will be increasing all CND prices as of March 1st.
- In Toronto, Anita a self-confessed "computer nerd with a fashion twist" (love that!) wrote an honest review about her Poppy Barley experience and boots. In Vancouver, Alex from To Vogue or Bust captured her Foxhunt Boots beautifully.
- Our Community Manager, Caroline, did a segment on CBC Radio Edmonton about Oscar Fashion. Listen here.
- We love being based in Edmonton. Here our city shares the story of Poppy Barley.
What We’re Reading
- Our next Limited Edition Collection drops next week. It’s an edgier take on some classic styles thanks to a bold snakeskin print (I’m having a hard time deciding what to order!). We're hosting a product development poll to finalize that last style; vote here.
- Justine and I are proud to be speakers at NorQuest College’s 5th Annual International Women’s Day Celebration happening on Wednesday, March 4.
- Caroline is speaking about building a social brand at iMedia, a conference on everything digital media taking place Sat, March 13 in Edmonton, AB.
- If you’re the founder of an Alberta-based startup company, apply to participate at the Roundtable Sessions on April 28. Poppy Barley is a proud partner of AccelerateAB – we’ve attended, pitched and participated in the roundtables.