Happy 2015! We're back, we're freezing (it's -30C in Edmonton today!), but activity at Poppy Barley is showing no signs of slowing down. Take a look:
- In the last two weeks, we sold out of: the Blue Jean Baby Feminine Slipper; Camel leather; the Gotham Grey Everyday City Boot; the Gotham Grey Uptown Boot; and our Kaki Poppy Barley x Berg & Betts watches (there's 29 of 60 Black watches left).
- This week we launched "Throwback Month" - your favourite styles, leathers and hardware from 2014. That includes the return of the Off-Duty Boot, the Downtown Boot, the Uptown Boot with Purple Nubuck, the Black Python Classic Point with Snake Hardware and Heel Studs - and the biggest crowd pleaser of them all - the Modern Mary-Jane in Robin Egg and Metallic Gold (there's only 3 pairs left!).
- We're holding a Product Development Poll on ankle boots and heel height before our co-founder, Justine, heads to our factory in Mexico next week. Cast your vote here.
- It's official! Jeff, from Brodawka & Friends in Toronto, sent us a snap of the signage on his store windows at 1114 Queen Street West today and it's been all the talk at the office! Pictured below, Brodawka & Friends is Poppy Barley's first official retailer. You can get measured there, in person, any time from 12pm to 6:30pm Wednesdays through Saturdays.
- Tiffany from Offbeat + Inspired is hosting a New Year's giveaway with all the goodies you see in the image above - and that includes TWO $50 Gift Card Packages from Poppy Barley (with leather swatches!). All you have to do is comment on her photo saying what inspired you the most in 2014 and what you're doing about it in 2015. Deadline is tomorrow, Jan. 10th.
- We were featured in Susie Wall's Chatelaine Gift Guide on BT Vancouver, in a story on the revival of custom shoemaking in the Toronto Star, on the legs of Lori Andrews in FASHION Magazine's February 2015 issue (photo to come), WHERE Calgary's 2015 issue of The Essential, and Alberta Venture - all over the span of a few weeks!
- We started a new "Five Minutes With Series" - spend five minutes with Kari Skelton, radio host at Up! 99.3 and Christine Amorose, brand partnerships at Vimeo (pictured above in the gorgeous furry coat and her Everyday City Boots!).
- You can also meet the Portland-based creatives behind our Gotham Grey shoot in this Q&A.
- We held a Sample Sale last week in Edmonton and moved almost all of our inventory gathered from photography, product development and returns over the last year. After a full day of unpacking boxes (pictured below), a line started forming 1.5 hrs before the doors opened to the public and down three flights of stairs. We fed the frenzy with Mexican fiesta music. There may have been a push-and-shove or two - but it was all in good fun, and many happy customers found a perfect Cinderella fit! Sign up to become a PB Insider to find out about the next Sample Sale.
- And one more thing before the weekend: our Men's Collection is still in Beta. Sign up to gain access. We'll be going public soon - and partying about it.
Our biggest thanks for those sharing beautiful photos with us on Instagram
- this week we've featured @cestchristine
, and @dawngraves