Well, this has been one of the most exciting weeks in Poppy Barley history. Let's get right to it:
- Kendall, Justine and I flew to Vancouver last Thursday for the Western Living Designers of the Year Awards (we were named "One to Watch in the fashion category!). We'll be driving south next Wednesday for the Calgary-version, and we can't wait (who tires of this kind of thing?!).
- We hosted a private Founders Lunch and preview with some seriously cool media, influencers and bloggers before our popup shop at NOUL on Granville Street. P.S. Our homemade chips and guacamole, quinoa salad and sparkling pink lemonade bottles came from Railtown Catering - highly recommended!
- On Saturday and Sunday, we measured more than 50 women in Vancouver and had some awesome conversations with people who have been following the Poppy Barley story since the beginning. We can't tell you how much we value this part of the business. We feel connected to you as soon as we meet you, and your support and excitement motivates us like nothing else. We'll be back in Vancouver in November, but will be popping up in Calgary and Toronto before that. Sign up to our newsletter to be notified.
- We were STARSTRUCK when Adina Porter wandered in to get measured for a pair of boots! Adina plays Lettie Mae Thorton on HBO's True Blood and Kendra James on The Newsroom. In Vancouver filming, she heard about us at a lunch on Sunday, and we were so pleased that she could fit her lovely slender legs into a pair of sample boots and try them out (pictured below). In the end, she ordered The Highline Boot in Black. Stay tuned for more on Adina - of course we asked to interview her!
- Earlier today, we shared with you that there were only FIVE pairs of the Gotham Grey Highline Boot left - and within the hour, this style was sold out! How incredible is that!? This kind of customer engagement makes us happy dance all afternoon (we really, truly are). Go here to see what styles are still available from our Limited Edition Collections.
- Looking for more fun team building activities? This Halloween, we're booking the whole team in for BreakOut, Edmonton's first live action escape game, where you're trapped in a room with 5 other people and you have to figure out how to escape within 45 minutes. Sounds fun in a twisted kind of way, right? Book here.