It's been a bit of a rainy week in Edmonton - but the city is GREEN, so we can't complain. Summer is finally here!
Here's what we did this week:
- Kendall is in New York again for the CTA (Canadian Technology Accelerator). Although she's admiring Brooklyn's adorable bakeshops and boutiques, it is hot. As she wrote in an e-mail to the team earlier this week, "+34C would be amazing if I were on a beach, but in a city with humidity of 65% and millions of people crammed onto the subway, it's a sweaty mess." More from Kendall:
Back in Edmonton:
- On this trip to NYC, I stayed in this Airbnb apartment on the Upper East Side. Kimberly and Michael were amazing hosts - thank you!
- One thing I love about staying on the Upper East Side is all the places to run. I ran in Central Park, on Randall Island and along the East River. I also joined over 100 people for a free workout with the NYC November Project tribe (they meet every Wednesday at 6:28am at the Gracie Mansion - 88th Street and E End Ave).
- NYC online discoveries: Foodie paradise at Immaculate Infatuation; Cool style by Natalie Off Duty.
- On a very hot day, I drank iced tea with Monica at the adorable Cafe Colette in Brooklyn. Monica is the founder and designer behind Carte Blanche, a company redefining womenswear with high quality dresses, crowd-sourced and delivered directly at their true cost. You can sign-up now for early access for the second season (and follow along on Instagram)
- If you're a designer (jewelry, handbags, clothes, anything!) or small business owner, check out Canadian-based Now in Store. They make it possible to quickly create a catalog, linesheets and other marketing material for your brand with one-click from your e-commerce store. Pure awesome.
What we're reading:
- We kicked off our Summer Solstice Measuring Parties! The sun is setting late, so we're open late - and we're serving you + a friend champagne while you shop. Book your measuring party here during our extended hours on Monday, June 23rd or Thursday, June 26th.
- We made our first Instagram video! The first of many (we hope).
- Speaking of Instagram, our customers shared some beautiful photos 'round there this week. (Case in point, the image on the bottom left is from our #PBAmbassador, Jade from Endlessly Enraptured, in her Camel Nubuck Modern Mary-Janes). We love it when you share your Poppy Barley photos with us. Tag us @PoppyBarley and #PoppyBarley because we're putting together an official stream.
- We registered for Dîner en Blanc. If you want to experience a magical summer evening al fresco at a secret location in your city, you should too.
- We're so happy Jacek Chocolate (that's couture chocolates!) will be just two blocks away from our office on 4th Street Promenade. Congrats to Jacqueline!
- We were featured in the Calgary Herald in preparation for PARKSALE2014. We'll be at Haultain Park from 10am to 8pm tomorrow, ready to measure you and share all the latest product (like our Blue Jean Baby + Rodeo Darling Leathers!). Come say hi, Calgary!
Have a great weekend!