Joan’s Cookie Recipe 1 cup Cold margarine 1 cup Brown sugar ½ cup Granulated sugar 2 Eggs 1 Tbsp Vanilla 2 ¼ cups Flour 1 tsp Baking soda 2 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°C
- Using your mixmaster, beat cold margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in your eggs and vanilla.
- Sprinkle your baking soda on top.
- Gradually add flour until mixed. (You may need to add a little more flour if the dough feels sticky.)
- Stir in two cups (maybe more!) chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. (11 minutes usually delivers perfectly baked cookies.)
Joan’s Cookie Tips
- Start with cold, hard margarine. (Our mom doesn’t believe in softening the margarine.) Instead, let your mixmaster do the hard work.
- Sprinkle that baking soda over the mixture. Don’t drop entire tsp. of baking soda onto one area of dough.
- Use one bowl. No need to dirty more bowls than needed.
- The true secret to soft cookies is to slightly under-bake as the cookies will continue to cook once removed from the oven.