In our second instalment of our new weekly diary
: more rain! My tomato plants hate me, but here’s to productivity!
What we did this week:
Other fun things:
- We finally shared our secret – a Poppy Barley Men’s Collection is in development! This means Daelan, our sole male employee at the Edmonton office, finally gets a pair of Poppy Barleys. He declared them "Fancy as f***". Sign up here to be notified of the launch.
- We’re frantically cleaning our office to get ready for the Mercer Summer #SuperParty. They’ve shut down 4th St. Promenade, there's two stages, 15 musical acts, food trucks and approximately 1,500 people heading downtown...
- And so obviously we decided (although a full year into working in an office with 5 women): lets bring in a manicurist for the #SuperParty with Meg from Makeup and Meg! Seriously - these are like Pinterest-worthy nails.
- Poppy Barley is featured in Vue Weekly’s Hot Summer Guide (pictured below), and it’s the first look at our Midnight Confetti Feminine Slipper from our August Limited Edition Collection 02. As you can see, it’s the answer to our current Sunrise Confetti leathers (only a few more left in the shop!)
Monica, our brand design manager, takes a week off, leaving Caroline to win the grammar vs. design argument in our new logo. You'll see. NEVER TAKE TIME OFF!
What we’re reading:
Following Eugenie Bouchard make it to the French Open semi-final. Go Canada! She is seriously inspiring me to take some tennis lessons.
Caroline & Breanne start biking to work. Challenge accepted.
Twitter fights between Fab Founder & Valleywag.
Orange is the New Black Season 2 drops tonight on Netflix (we're all fans!). Weekend plans cancelled!
- Discovering the Instagram feed of @tifforelie from Offbeat + Inspired - and we get to meet her this #yegweekend! Follow that hashtag to see where Zora Transmedia is taking her with their YEGWEEKEND project. It. Is. Awesome.
- This is always fun: seeing Poppy Barley customers receiving their boots. Allena, photographed above in her Savannah Hill Boots, is one of the first to receive our new golden and branded Poppy Barley zippers. We are loving this added detail!
- The rain has made so Edmonton beautiful and we've been spending lots of time in the river valley - which you can see regularly on our respective Instagram feeds.
- Lastly: we're still looking for the perfect candidate to fill our Customer Experience Coordinator position. Apply now, or tell your friends!
#Girlboss – for real this time. Great book about an unconventional path to success and lessons in hustling your way to the top.
- A round-up of e-commerce news - go here.
Have a fantastic weekend!