Poppy Barley Southgate (Edmonton, AB)
Retail / 12 Month Contract / Maternity leave (March start)
Reports to Manager, Retail & Operations
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley designs, crafts and sells luxury leather goods and footwear at a direct to consumer price point. With extended size options, full transparency on production practices and a killer customer experience online and in-person, we are creating a new chapter in Canadian retail. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, experiment, have an impact and raise the bar together.
About this opportunity:
As Store Manager, you make magic happen. You embody the Poppy Barley brand and culture and take it with you wherever you go. You’re passionate about re-thinking retail to create remarkable brand experiences. You believe in business being a platform to create good in the world. You impact the business and our communities through storytelling, incredible leadership, and outstanding customer experiences.
Together, we’re building something bigger.
Here are some more details of the role:
- Spend the majority of your time on the retail floor connecting with customers and your team. Leading by example, you coach in the moment and you’re accountable for all areas of customer experience by:
- Lead the sales floor to motivate the team to achieve store sales and customer experience goals.
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results, community impact and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere.
- Handle customer cases and resolve them according to Poppy Barley’s customer care standards.
- Understand and ensure visual merchandising principles are executed in store and execute product plans that provide excellent guest experience.
- Develop a strategic plan for your store that focuses on hitting key metrics that focus on growth.
- Lead a high performing store through achieving sales and conversion goals and optimizing your store’s budget (including employee engagement, marketing and labour budgets.)
- Create and lead marketing strategies and activations to increase brand awareness in Edmonton and drive traffic to your store.
- Continuously create new and noteworthy brand experiences that demonstrates a commitment to “re-thinking retail” that supports business, brand, culture and people growth that result in driving top line sales.
- Act as a liaison between the store and Warespace (head office) communicating key information.
- Attend weekly metrics meetings, monthly department meetings, and monthly team meetings.
- Support the development of your team to ensure everyone is working through Poppy Barley Brand Values.
- Ensure the team is up to date with product knowledge, operational changes, and current marketing activations.
- Proactively plan all team members training and development to ensure we are building a successful pipeline.
- Facilitate successful training sessions, performance and development meetings, and store staff meetings.
- Partner with team members to ensure their deliverables are met.
- Oversee operations for your store including inventory management, fulfillment, POS training, and monogramming.
- Be proficient in Poppy Barley’s software stack, including Shopify, Stocky, WhenIWork, and Retail Next.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least three years of experience in a customer-facing setting.
- A drive to always provide amazing customer experiences and coach your team to provide the same standard of service.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize the needs of the business based on current work plans.
- College diploma or University degree in Business Management is preferred.
- Competent with a computer, Google drive and data entry.
- Required: To be fully vaccinated, as described by the Federal government, with a COVID-19 vaccine series or have proof of a medical or human rights exemption to not be vaccinated.
- Flexibility in availability. Your schedule will include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Holiday blackout period from mid November to mid January. Exact dates to be determined annually.
- Possibility of some travel to support Poppy Barley Pop Ups and events focusing on Brand Awareness.
- Unpacking boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate team.
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Health and Dental benefits
- Company RRSP matching, up to $10k per year
- Discount on our amazing product!
Poppy Barley is an equal opportunity employer and is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace. We are committed to fostering diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter - telling us about why you want to work for Poppy Barley, and include your availability to email@example.com.
We are excited to meet you!
We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.