Marketing & Pop-up Associate – Co-op Student
Poppy Barley Warespace (Edmonton) / Marketing / Reports to: Pop-Up Lead / Full-Time Contract (co-op) 8 Months (Sept to April 2023)
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley is an Edmonton based, Canadian fashion brand creating luxury for people and the planet through combining ethical production, better materials and transparency, with reformed pricing and modern style. We believe in re-thinking our industry, dreaming big, and in the power of our talented team to make our vision a reality.
As the ‘Marketing and Pop-up Co-op Student’ you’ll help with the strategy, marketing, operations and execution of Poppy Barley’s activations to put ‘shoes on feet’ - that is get our amazing product in front of Canadians across the country. In addition, you will assist our Marketing team on a variety of tasks including our Corporate and affiliate programs and Marketplaces.
- Assist with the planning and execution of pop-up shops across Canada including venue and partner selection, marketing strategy to raise local brand awareness and drive traffic to our pop-ups, and event activations.
- Assist with pop-up and special event logistics, including booking travel, creating packing lists, coordinating delivery of products and supplies to site, and packing inventory.
- Assist with pre-popup logistics; product planning/selection, merchandising planning/creation and basic graphic design work in Canva.
- Travel to pop-up stores across Canada (1-2 per month Sept-Nov and March-April) in a small team responsible for product merchandising and store set up, selling, helping customers at appointments, store take down, and executing marketing events and VIP activations as required.
- Learn how to use Poppy Barley’s POS, project management tools, dashboards and general ecommerce tech stack.
- Assist with post pop-up key metrics reporting (e.g. conversion funnel, success drivers) and post-event learnings.
- Support product listings on Marketplaces, including coordination of photography, product descriptions and more.
- Assist with development of PB programs for corporate partners and other large orders.
- Assist with PB affiliate program, especially as it relates to influencers and publishers onboarded to promote pop-up shops.
- Assist on social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key skills you’ll bring to the team:
- Excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, with a passion for working with people.
- Excellent organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Experience in the retail or customer service sector is an asset.
- Ability to travel within Canada for periods of 4-6 days at a time in support of pop-ups. Travel may include 1-2 weekends per month.
- Unpacking boxes of inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
- Current student in 3rd or 4th year completing a University or other applicable co-op program or recent graduate.
- To be fully vaccinated, as described by the Federal government, with a COVID-19 vaccine series or have proof of a medical or human rights exemption to not be vaccinated.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic and close knit team while getting to explore cities across Canada.
- A fair wage, and a discount on our product!
- Career development opportunities. We are always looking for great people wanting to build careers in ecommerce, retail and operations.
- Poppy Barley is an equal opportunity employer and is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace. We are committed to fostering diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jessica at email@example.com. We are excited to meet you!
We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.