Poppy Barley Market Mall (Calgary, AB)
Retail / Part Time, Permanent
Reports to Store Manager
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley designs, crafts and sells luxury leather goods and footwear at a direct to consumer price point. With extended size options, full transparency on production practices and a killer customer experience online and in-person, we are creating a new chapter in Canadian retail. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, experiment, have an impact and raise the bar together.
About this opportunity:
As Key Leader, you work with the retail store team to make magic happen. You impact the business and our communities through partnering with the store management team to bring the store strategy to life . You embody the Poppy Barley brand and culture and take it with you wherever you go. You’re passionate about re-thinking retail to create remarkable brand experiences. You believe in business being a platform to create good in the world.
Together, we’re building something bigger.
Here are some more details of the role:
- Lead the sales floor to motivate the team to achieve store sales and customer experience goals.
- Support the daily operations of the store to ensure tasks are completed based on previously determined priorities.
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results, community impact and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for everyone who visits us at our stores, with a focus on connection and education of Poppy Barley.
- Handle and resolve customer cases according to Poppy Barley’s values, onboarding support as required.
- Providing feedback to the management team regarding store processes, operations, product, people and customer experience bringing new ideas to push for continuous improvement of the business.
- Partner with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers to lead initiatives in one of three key areas: business for good, operations and inspiring connecitons.
- Support in the training and development of team members to ensure consistency and clarity with procedures, activations and promotions.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members as needed with a focus on continuous development.
- Support the onboarding of new team members as outlined and organized by the Store Manager.
- Support the execution of weekly and quarterly inventory counts.
- Support the receiving of weekly replenishments from the Warehouse, as well as monthly shipments from Mexico.
- Support Quality Checks of new product and communication of quality checks to product through forms.
- Top performer with a proven track record.
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail.
- Passion for building connections with people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a love for building things from the ground-up.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Google Drive applications.
- Required: To be fully vaccinated, as described by the Federal government, with a COVID-19 vaccine series or have proof of a medical or human rights exemption to not be vaccinated.
- Flexibility in availability. Your schedule will include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Holiday blackout period from mid November to mid January. Exact dates to be determined annually.
- Possibility of some travel to support Poppy Barley Pop Ups and events focusing on Brand Awareness.
- Unpacking boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate team.
- Competitive hourly rate and vacation
- Discount on our amazing product!
Poppy Barley is an equal opportunity employer and is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace. We are committed to fostering diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter - telling us about why you want to work for Poppy Barley, and include your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to meet you!
We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.