Assistant Store Manager
Poppy Barley Southgate (Edmonton, AB) / Retail / Full-time - Permanent / Reports to Store Manager
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley designs, crafts and sells luxury leather goods and footwear at a direct to consumer price point. With extended size options, full transparency on production practices and a killer customer experience online and in-person, we are creating a new chapter in Canadian retail. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, experiment, have an impact and raise the bar together.
About this opportunity:
As Assistant Store Manager, you make magic happen. You embody the Poppy Barley brand and culture and take it with you wherever you go. You’re passionate about re-thinking retail to create remarkable brand experiences. You believe in business being a platform to create good in the world. You impact the business and our communities through storytelling, incredible leadership, and outstanding customer experiences.
Together, we’re building something bigger.
Here are some more details of the role (approximately 80% of weekly hours):
- Spending the majority of your time on the retail floor connecting with customers and your team. Leading by example, you coach in the moment and you’re accountable for all areas of customer experience by:
- Lead the sales floor to motivate the team to achieve store sales and customer experience goals.
- Supporting the development of a culture that balances financial results, community impact and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere.
- Handling customer cases and resolving them according to Poppy Barley’s values.
- Supporting our Online Customer through responding to emails, and supporting live chat that come through our online platform on designated days.
- Respond to Poppy Barley’s amazing customers via email, phone and live online chat.
- Handle product issues: fit & styling questions, product education, damaged items.
- Track customer orders and solve shipping issues such as lost or delayed packages.
Key skills you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least three years of experience in a customer-facing setting.
- A drive to always provide amazing customer experiences and coach your team to provide the same standard of service.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize the needs of the business based on current work plans and collaboration with the Store Manager.
- College diploma or University degree in Business Management is preferred.
- Competent with a computer, Google drive and data entry.
- Flexibility in availability. Your schedule will include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Holiday blackout period from mid November to mid January. Exact dates to be determined annually.
- Possibility of some travel to support Poppy Barley Pop Ups and events focusing on Brand Awareness.
- Unpacking boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate team.
- A fair wage, and a discount on our product!
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter - telling us about why you want to work for Poppy Barley, and include your availability to email@example.com.
We are excited to meet you!
We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.