When the sun is out, flowers are blooming and it’s time to switch over to your Poppy Barley flats, make sure to store your leather boots properly so they will be Fall-ready when September rolls around.
Here are a couple of simple steps to follow to keep your boots in tip-top condition:
- Gently wipe dirt and grime off your boots with a moist cloth. If you have salt stains, use a solution of water and lemon juice to wipe away the stains.
- Put some nutrients back into the leather by using a conditioner like the Collonil 1909 Leather Creme de Luxe or the Otterwax Leather Salve and Leather Oil. This will keep the leather supple.
- Spray the boots with a protector three times. Make sure to let the boots dry between each spray so not to damage the boots. Our full leather care guide is here.
- Check to see if your shoes need to be repaired. This is the perfect time to bring your boots to your cobbler to get resoled or treated so it is ready for wear once fall rolls around.
- Keep the shape of your boots! This step is important so the boots don’t wrinkle or crease. Stuff the foot of the boots with tissue paper and make sure there are no folds or creases. Use a shoe tree (or your old magazines) to keep the shape of the leg of the boot.
- Place your Poppy Barleys in a dust bag and a shoe box to keep the moisture away.
- Store your boots in a cool, dry place.
And voila! Your shoes will be ready come autumn. Alternatively, you could order your new Poppy Barley boots right now, and they’ll arrive just in time for autumn. 😉
Have any questions? Email our Concierge Team at email@example.com