Key Leader — Edmonton
Closing Date: Open
Southgate Centre, Edmonton AB
Store Manager, Southgate
About Poppy Barley
After a light bulb moment at a custom boot shop in Bali, sisters Justine and Kendall Barber launched Poppy Barley in 2012. They travelled from their home in Edmonton, Canada, to the city of León, Mexico, in search of a leather shoe factory that prioritized its people and could offer flexibility in sizing and inventory through small-batch manufacturing. With teams in Mexico and Canada, Poppy Barley began producing polished, everyday essential footwear and chic, functional accessories for thousands of customers across North America. In the process, Poppy Barley also became the first company in North America to offer custom fashion boots online.
Dedicated to rethinking every step of the leather goods industry, we’re looking for driven, enthusiastic, big-thinkers to take Poppy Barley from good to great—and have a little fun along the way!
As Key Leader, you work with the retail store team to make magic happen. You impact the business and our communities through partnering with the store management team to bring the store strategy to life. You embody the Poppy Barley brand and culture and take it with you wherever you go. You’re passionate about re-thinking retail to create remarkable brand experiences. You believe in business being a platform to create good in the world
About What You Do:
- Lead the sales floor to motivate the team to achieve store sales and customer experience goals.
- Plan the day for customer experience, sales performance, hours management (budget) and success.
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results, community impact and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere.
- Handle and resolve customer cases according to Poppy Barley’s values, onboarding support as required.
- Providing feedback to the management team regarding store processes, operations, product, people and customer experience bringing new ideas to push for continuous improvement of the business.
- Partner with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers to lead initiatives in one of three key areas: business for good, inventory, and brand.
- Top performer with a proven track record.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least 1 year experience; preferably in customer-facing field.
- Creativity and an keen eye for detail.
- Passion for building connections with people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a love for building things from the ground-up.
- Strong self-started who can manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Google Drive applications.
- Bonuses: Post-secondary degree from University or College or experience working at a fast-growing company.
- Flexibility in availability. Your schedule will include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
- Possibility of some travel to support Poppy Barley store openings, pop-up shops and events.
- Holiday blackout period from mid November to mid January. Exact dates are determined annually.
- Hours expectation: Available for a minimum of 3 shifts/week including one weekend day.
- Unpacking boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.