Brand Concierge — Calgary
Closing Date: March 25, 2019
Market Mall, Calgary AB
Store Manager, Market Mall
About Poppy Barley
After a light bulb moment at a custom boot shop in Bali, sisters Justine and Kendall Barber launched Poppy Barley in 2012. They travelled from their home in Edmonton, Canada, to the city of León, Mexico, in search of a leather shoe factory that prioritized its people and could offer flexibility in sizing and inventory through small-batch manufacturing. With teams in Mexico and Canada, Poppy Barley began producing polished, everyday essential footwear and chic, functional accessories for thousands of customers across North America. In the process, Poppy Barley also became the first company in North America to offer custom fashion boots online.
Dedicated to rethinking every step of the leather goods industry, we’re looking for driven, enthusiastic, big-thinkers to take Poppy Barley from good to great—and have a little fun along the way!
As Brand Concierge, you make magic happen. You impact the business and our communities by building relationships with our customers. You embody the Poppy Barley brand and culture and take it with you wherever you go. You’re passionate about re-thinking retail to create remarkable brand experiences. You believe in business being a platform to create good in the world.
About What You Do:
- Deliver the Poppy Barley brand experience with every customer, every day.
- Be a Poppy Barley fit expert. Keep up to date on all product knowledge and provide customers with the information necessary to ensure they love their Poppy Barleys.
- Communicate the Poppy Barley story, values and brand philosophy to customers.
- Achieve positive results in personal sales by focusing on relationship selling, building a client base and offering exemplary customer service.
- Be aware of all product knowledge, product availability, merchandise promotions, marketing initiatives, and other relevant information that helps provide exceptional service.
- Unpack boxes from shipments received as required and maintain stockroom organization standards.
- Fulfill orders that need to be shipped to the customer (prepare shipping label, box and package order) as required.
- Maintain Poppy Barley visual merchandising standards in the store at all times.
- Top performer with a proven track record.
- Passion for building connections with people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a love for building things from the ground-up.
- Strong self-started who can manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Google Drive applications.
- Bonuses: Post-secondary degree (completed or enrolled) from University or College or experience working at a fast-growing company.
- Flexibility in availability. Your schedule will include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
- Possibility of some travel to support Poppy Barley store openings, pop-up shops and events.
- Holiday blackout period from mid November to mid January. Exact dates are determined annually.
- Hours expectation: Available for a minimum of 3 shifts/week including one weekend day.
- Unpacking boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.