Assistant Store Manager, Brand Experience
Poppy Barley Flagship (Southgate) – Edmonton, Alberta
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley designs, crafts and sells luxury leather goods and footwear at a direct to consumer price point. With extended size options, full transparency on production practices and a killer customer experience online and in-person, we are creating a new chapter in Canadian retail. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, experiment, have an impact and raise the bar together.
As Assistant Store Manager, Brand Experience, you make magic happen. You embody the Poppy Barley brand and culture and take it with you wherever you go. You’re passionate about re-thinking retail to create remarkable brand experiences. You believe in business being a platform to create good in the world. You impact the business and our communities through storytelling, incredible leadership, and outstanding customer experiences.
Together, we’re building something bigger.
About The Job:
(approximately 80% of weekly hours)
- Spending the majority of your time on the retail floor connecting with customers and your team. Leading by example, you coach in the moment and you’re accountable for all areas of customer experience by:
- Lead the sales floor to motivate the team to achieve store sales and customer experience goals.
- Supporting the development of a culture that balances financial results, community impact and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere.
- Handling customer cases and resolving them according to Poppy Barley’s values.
- Develop and build customer experiences that communicate the Poppy Barley brand through (approximately 20% of weekly hours):
- erving as a visionary by overseeing the execution of all displays inclusive of windows, merchandising, and brand room.
- Organizing and executing luxury, personal shopping experiences including in-store appointments/Maintaining knowledge all product specifications and company initiatives, and communicate all pertinent information to store associates.
Key skills you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least three years of experience in a customer-facing setting.
- College diploma or University degree in Business Management is preferred.
- Experience in visual merchandising and/or storytelling through product, displays and activations.
- Previous experience in organizing and executing brand experiences that drive business objectives.
- Competent with a computer, Google drive and data entry.
- Flexibility in availability. Your schedule will include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Holiday blackout period from mid November to mid January. Exact dates to be determined annually.
- Possibility of some travel to support Poppy Barley Pop Ups and events focusing on Brand Awareness.
- Unpacking boxes for inventory as required (boxes can weigh up to 30 lbs).
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate team.
- A fair wage, and a discount on our product!
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter – telling us about why you want to work for Poppy Barley, and include your availability to email@example.com.
We are excited to meet you! We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.